It's been two weeks since school started again! After such a long holiday break, it's been challenging to adjust to homework and readings and long car rides, but I honestly really enjoy the college environment and it's good to be back.
I definitely learned a lot from the first few months I spent in college. Here's a couple things that really stuck with me:
1. There's no harm in trying. Joining organizations and auditioning for music groups and signing up for projects might be daunting tasks, but they're experiences that you shouldn't miss out on just because you're scared. There's always something to be gained from every risk you take!
2. Hang out with people who give you positive vibes. It's essential to spend time with people who inspire and motivate you to be better.
3. That being said, you also have to learn to work alone. Being independent and responsible without anyone telling you to do so is something you must learn how to do.
4. You actually have lots of free time, you're just not using it correctly. Don't procrastinate. Finish your work before your deadlines and don't leave anything to the very last minute.
5. Don't neglect your health and well-being. Eat balanced meals and get enough sleep.
I'm only just getting the hang of this whole college thing. I still have a lot to learn and a lot to improve on. But I know that my second semester will be even better and I'm really looking forward to the rest of it!