The classic grilled cheese sandwich is our go to for a quick and easy lunch or snack. We often make it at home with different kinds of cheeses and bread. This chocolate variation is a new favorite of ours. You can serve this as dessert after a light meal. So, so very delicious and scrumptious! We hope you get to try it out.
Summer will be soon upon us, and as the heat becomes unbearable in the coming months ahead, we're planning on spending less time in the kitchen by preparing meals that are quick, easy and hassle free. Stay tuned for our Kitchen Stories: Summer Edition!
Grilled Chocolate Sandwiches
(adapted from Martha Stewart)
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
4 slices thick cut bread (1/2 inch thick)
4 ounces thin semisweet or milk chocolate bar
2 tablespoons butter
Confectioner's sugar for dusting
1. In a large, shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk. Set aside.
2. Form two sandwiches with the bread and chocolate. Break the chocolate as necessary to cover the bread without extending over the edges.
3. Dip both sides of the sandwiches in the egg mixture to coat.
4. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer sandwiches to skillet and cook until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
5. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Cut sandwiches in half and dust with Confectioner's sugar before serving.
This article also appears on PhilStar.com.